Parks

Park Operations are responsible for operating and maintaining 20 parks. Our parks offer numerous amenities, including playgrounds, pavilions, basketball courts, picnic areas, off-leash dog areas, sports fields, public art, a skate park, and two-disc golf courses!

Explore the Hidden Gems of Our Parks! Click on the individual parks below to explore all the life-enhancing amenities.

Booker T. Washington Park

ParkBooker T. Washington Park - 813 S. First St. 77301

This park was formerly known as First Street Park and is leased from Conroe Independent School District. In 2014 the park was renamed Booker T. Washington Park. The baseball fields, concession building and playground were raised to make room for a lighted multi-use field with spectator seating, a concession/pavilion/restroom building for group functions, a shaded play structure, a basketball court, picnic areas and a walking path.

  • Restrooms 
  • Athletic field 
  • Play structure
  • Picnic tables

Candy Cane Park

Candy Kane Park 001 - CopyCandy Cane Park - 1204 Candy Cane Lane

This 24 acre park is Conroe's most well known park. It began as the City & VFW Park and has grown into a popular destination that includes the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County, ADA compliant playgrounds, pavilions, picnic areas, the C.K. Ray Recreation Center, Conroe Aquatic Center, and Conroe Senior Center. In 2001, six new tennis courts were built to make room for a major expansion of the Aquatics Center that features two instructional pools and a splash/spray pool.

  • Pavilion
  • Gazebo
  • Restrooms
  • Basketball court
  • Tennis courts
  • Play structures
  • 3/8 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic areas
  • Access to swimming facilities

Carl Barton, Jr. Park

Carl Barton Playground - CopyCarl Barton, Jr. Park - 2500 S. Loop 336 East

This Park was developed in 1999 with Phase I & II and was named after a former Mayor for The City of Conroe, which serviced from 1979 to 1989. Phase III was completed in 2000 making this facility the largest in The City of Conroe with 204 acres. This park is not only used for soccer and baseball games, but it is also very popular for reunions, birthday parties as well as picnics while fishing in the pond.

  • Pavilion
  • Restrooms
  • Athletic fields
  • Play structures
  • 3 miles of jogging/walking trails
  • Picnic tables
  • Fishing 

Conroe Founder's Plaza

Founders Plaza - Copy

Conroe Founders Plaza - 205 Metcalf St. 

Development of the park began in spring 2009. Opened in the winter of 2009 this 0.6 acre park features a covered stage for performances, landscaping, picnic tables and a water feature.


- Stage
- Picnic area
- Water Feature

Flournoy Park

Flournoy Park -

Heritage Place

Heritage Place 003 - Copy

Heritage Place - 500 Metcalf St. 

This park was developed with the help of the Conroe Service League in 1986 that consisted of a gazebo, picnic tables and a playground as well as green space. In 2001, Heritage Place underwent a major expansion in response to civic leader's desire to create a new central space in downtown Conroe. This 2.5 acre public space is capable of accommodating events as diverse as public gardening, crafts and cooking fairs, wedding receptions as well as a venue for outdoor events, festivals, and concerts.

  • Pavilion
  • Gazebo
  • Restrooms
  • Amphitheater
  • Water Feature

John Burge Park

John Burge Park at Shadow Lakes - 11050 Little Egypt Rd

Development of this 39 acre park located on the City's northwest side began in 2009 with a generous land purchase from the Stoecker Corporation. This park with rolling terrain features a large pavilion for group functions, picnic areas, an outdoor learning center with amphitheater style seating, a playground, waterless restroom facility, native landscaping, a 5,700 gallon rainwater harvest system, and over a mile trail network system. This park also features an eighteen basket championship disc golf course and "The Magnolia Tree" by Conroe artist Craig Campobella.

  • Pavilion
  • Restrooms
  • Play structure
  • 1 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables
  • Public art space

Kasmiersky Park

Kasmiersky Park 004 - CopyKasmiersky Park - 889 Old Magnolia Rd


Development of this 10-acre park was made possible by a donation from the estate of Steve A. Kasmiersky in 1985. The original park consisted of a playground, exercise station and trail, restroom facilities, a pavilion, tennis and basketball courts, and a handball court. Today, Kasmiersky Park features a new ADA compliant playground, two pavilions, a lighted multi-use field, an off-leash area, picnic areas, 1/2 mile lighted walking trail, and a skate park. Live oak trees and pine trees offer plenty of shade for picnickers.

  • Pavilion
  • Restrooms
  • Athletic field
  • Play structure
  • 1/2-mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables
  • Skate Park

Lewis Park

Lewis Park - 501 Park Place 

This 5 acre neighborhood park was developed in 1978. It was redeveloped in 1999 with ADA compliant playground equipment, a pavilion, and additional parking.

- Pavilion
- Athletic field
- Basketball courts
- Play structure
- Picnic tables

Lions Park

Lions Park

In 1998 the City of Conroe and the Conroe Noon Lions Club joined forces to build this 3.5 acre park located in the Robinwood Subdivision. A quarter mile walking trail was recently added to this park's features.

  • Pavilion
  • Athletic field
  • Basketball court
  • Play structure
  • 1/4 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables
  • Restrooms

Milltown Park

Milltown Park - 600 York

The 2.3-acre neighborhood park was developed in 1985. It was redeveloped in 1998 with ADA compliant playground equipment, a pavilion and basketball courts.

  • Pavilion
  • Basketball court
  • Play structure
  • Picnic tables

McDade Park

McDade Park 001 - CopyMcDade Park - 10310 FM 2854 

This park was introduced in 1988 and started with only 19 acres. In 1990 a basketball court, restrooms, and pavilion along with picnic tables were added. In 2004 an 18-hole Disc Golf Course was introduced, making this park a 38-acre amenity.




  • Pavilion
  • Restrooms
  • Play structure
  • Athletic fields
  • Exercise stations
  • Basketball court
  • 1/2 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables
  • Two Horseshoe Pits
  • 18 hole disc golf course
  • Fishing

Martin Luther King, Jr. Park

MLK, JR. PARK

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Park - 1001 Dr. MLK Jr, Place South 

The spot where this park was introduced was The City of Conroe Landfill. The park is now a 25-acre state of the art park. With development of Phase I in 2000 and Phase II in 2005 the park has allot to offer such as restroom facilities, a pavilion, a hard surface-walking trail, and also complete with ADA compliant playground.

  • Pavilion
  • Restrooms
  • Athletic fields
  • Basketball courts
  • Play structure
  • 1/2 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables

Owen Park

Owen ParkOwen Park - 10245 Owen Dr.

 


Roberson Park

ROBERSON PARK

Roberson Park - 1301 Roberson St

This 1.6-acre neighborhood park was developed in 1984 in memory of Dale Hamby. It was then renovated in 1999 & 2000 with ADA compliant playground equipment, parking area, sidewalks and fencing around the basketball area.

  • Basketball court
  • Play structure
  • Picnic tables

Stewarts Creek Park




Stewarts Creek Park
- 1329 E. Dallas

This 9-acre park was introduced in 1981. Then went on to be renovated in 1997 with ADA compliant playground equipment, a pavilion, jogging/walking trail and athletic field.

Stewarts Creek Park - 1329 E Dallas St

  • Athletic field
  • Play structures
  • 1/2 mile jogging/walking trail
  • Picnic tables
  • Pavillion 

White Oak Point Park

White Oak Point Park - 3511 White Oak Point Dr

This 1.8-acre neighborhood park was developed in 2008 through a land donation from Westwick Builders. This park features ADA compliant playground equipment, landscaping and an open play area.


Wiggins Village Park

Wiggins Village Park - 565 Bryant Rd 

This 8-acre park serves as a retention basin for the Wiggins Village neighborhood. It was added to the park system in 1998 with three baseball practice fields. In 2008, two practice fields were removed to make room for an off-leash area.