300 W. Davis St.
Conroe, Texas 77301
Utility Billing Insert PolicyI. Purpose and Scope
To establish guidelines for the City's utility billing insert program and to provide eligibility criteria of outside agency participation in the same.II. Eligibility
City of Conroe inserts shall take priority over the inserts of all other eligible entities.
Eligible participating agencies shall include other local governments, quasi-governmental agencies, non profit organizations which receive financial support from the City or agencies which, in partnership with the City, have a primary mission which is in the best interest of the City.
For profit businesses and corporations are considered ineligible entities.
The City of Conroe reserves the right to determine agency eligibility for participation in the program.III. Scheduling
All billing inserts shall be scheduled through the Utility Billing Department, shall be on a first come, first serve basis (no more than a year in advance) and shall be limited to one insert per agency per quarter. The City also reserves the right to reschedule inserts in the event the inclusion of a City insert becomes necessary.IV. Guidelines
The City of Conroe sends out utility billings every month and has sufficient envelope capacity to allow the insertion of up to two (2) inserts. The utility bill, return envelope and two (2) inserts cannot exceed one (1) ounce and must fit into a #10 regular envelope.
The sponsoring agency or organization will pay for all printing and design costs.
As a result, inserts must meet the following guidelines:
- Inserts can be one 8.5"X 11" sheet or 1/3rd of an 8.5"X 11" sheet, with information printed on both sides.
- All inserts shall be printed utilizing 20-24 # paper weight (no cardstock shall be allowed).
- Inserts may not be printed on glossy paper because the machine that drops the insert into the envelope cannot readily attach to slippery media.
- The sponsoring agency must deliver a minimum of 19,000 printed inserts to the city's bill printing vendor, located in Houston, TX, at least one week prior to the scheduled billing (this timeframe subject to change).
- Left over inserts will be returned or disposed.
The Director of Finance will evaluate and approve all utility billing inserts for content and appropriateness. To make reservations for a utility billing insert, please contact the Utility Billing Department at (936) 522-3171.
The City reserves the right to cancel an insert due to non-compliance with these standards.