2300 Plantation Drive
Conroe, Texas 77303
Monday-Thursday 8am-6 pm
You may request defensive driving to take care of your citation. This can be done either in person or by mail. The requirements are as follows:
- You must have a Texas Drivers License
- You cannot have taken the course in the last 12 months for another citation
- You cannot be going in excess of 25 miles over the speed limit
- You will need to get a certified copy of your driving record from the Department of Public Safety, the form will be supplied by our court when you request the course.
- There is a fee you must pay the court assessed by the State. The fee is as follows:
- $ 113.10 All charges except Speeding School Zone violations
- $ 138.10 Speeding school zone violation
You must sign the affidavit on or attached to your ticket and that must be notarized. It states that you have not taken the course in the last 12 months for another citation. If you come in person this office has notaries that can notarize the affidavit for you. If you mail this you must make sure that you get the form notarized or we CANNOT process your paperwork.
- You must show proof of Financial Responsibility (Insurance)
- You cannot have been charged with the following:
- Fail to stop and render aid
- Fleeing from a Police Officer
- Reckless driving
- A serious traffic violation under the CDL Law, Section 3(26).
- An offense in a construction zone with workers present.
- Fail to stop for a school bus
Once the court has processed your paperwork, you will have 90 days to complete the course and turn your proof of completion of defensive driving and your certified copy of your driving record into the court. This proof will be required before we can dismiss your citation.
**If you are age 21 and under and would like to request DSC, you will need to appear on a Tuesday or Thursday at 2pm to request that from the Judge.
***You are NOT eligible for defensive driving or deferred if you hold a commercial drivers license.
***YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR DEFENSIVE DRIVING IF YOU HAVE AN OUTSTANDING VIOLATE PROMISE TO APPEAR***